RECIPE & PAIRING: Harissa Vegetable Traybake paired with Lucky’s Syrah-Pinot Noir
This really simple and easy one pan recipe works well for lunch or dinner and packs in a ton of nutrients thanks to all the veggies and chickpeas
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2-3 medium white potatoes
- 1x 400g can chickpeas
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 mixed colour peppers
- 1 courgette
- 3 heaped tablespoons harissa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g halloumi (optional)
- 5 sprigs fresh mint
- Coconut yoghurt to serve
- Flatbreads to serve
Recommended wine pairing:
This Lucky’s red is a blend of Syrah and Pinot Noir which makes it the perfect pairing for this traybake. The Syrah has the bold and spicy qualities to stand up to the harissa, while the Pinot Noir in the blend balances it beautifully so as not to overpower the vegetables in the traybake.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Wash the white and sweet potatoes and chop them into 5cm chunks.
- Remove the stalk and seeds from the peppers and roughly tear them into pieces.
- Trim the ends off the courgette, halve lengthways and chop into 2cm pieces.
- Put all the vegetables into a large roasting tin along with the drain can of chickpeas.
- Mix in the olive oil and harissa, coating everything evenly. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, adding the broccoli for the last 15 minutes (make sure to toss it with the other vegetables to coat it in harissa).
- If using, slice the halloumi and place it on top of the veg for the final 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves scattered over, toasted flatbreads, a dollop of coconut yoghurt and a glass of Lucky's Syrah-Pinot Noir.
For more useful wine tips, special offers and delicious recipes with wine pairing, join the Vinkind mailing list and follow Vinkind on social: